Posts for category: Uncategorized
Want glowing, younger-looking skin? Some foods have powerhouse ingredients to keep skin smooth and youthful. Try adding these nutrient-dense foods to your diet!
1. Green tea is high on the list of skin-friendly beverages thanks to its impressive storehouse of polyphenols. Aim for 3 cups throughout your day. Also, overweight exercisers burn off 3 more pounds and 7% more belly fat when they drank green tea instead of another beverage with the same calories!
2. Avocados! As a good source of biotin, avocados help to prevent dry skin and brittle hair and nails. When applied topically (as a mask), they can hydrate dry skin.
3. Besides being a great source of the antioxidant lycopene, tomatoes are considered a high-carotenoid fruit. These nutrients may help slow down cellular damage from free radicals. Lycopene-rich tomato paste has been shown to help prevent sunburn when combined with olive oil, daily for ten weeks.
4. Salmon contains astaxanthin, a carotenoid that improves skin elasticity, so you'll have fewer fine lines. Who doesn’t want that?!
5. Give walnuts a try! Looking to add Omega-3 fatty acids to your diet but not a fan of fish? Walnuts are a rich source of Omega-3s, which help put shine in your hair and aid in making skin smoother and younger looking
6. Pomegranates! When applied topically, this antioxidant-rich fruit may help skin create more collagen, while speeding healing.
7. Crack open some eggs! Protein helps repair cells that have suffered free radical damage. Eggs, a complete source of protein, also contain biotin, an essential vitamin that protects against dry skin.
For more information on what you can do for healthy skin, contact Cole Dermatology & Aesthetic Center!
Cole Dermatology and Aesthetic Center is proud to announce that Kendra Cole, M.D. has been chosen to be the official dermatologist for the 2011 PGA Championships being held at the Atlanta Athletic Club in Johns Creek, GA. She will be consulted as needed by the PGA and is proud to provide this service. If you are a golf fan and want to be seen by someone respected and chosen by the PGA to care for it's athletes, please call our office for an appointment. She will educate you about keeping your skin healthy and preventing sun damage. We'll talk to you soon.
Proudly serving the Greater Atlanta Area
Cole Dermatology and Aesthetic Center, PC
It is very important for everyone to have regular a full skin exam to identify skin abnormalities before they spread and become life threatening. This requires an appointment every 6 months with your dermatologist to evaluate your skin and determine that none of the abnormalities on your skin are worrisome. It is a very simple and reassuring routine to get into, and it could ultimately save your life.
Talk to you soon!
Cole Dermatology & Aesthetic Center